Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy Birthday...

Happy 54th Birthday!
Sorry! For being so honest about it. I know you'll hate it but then let me assure you by saying this-
No! You don't look like a 54 year old!!! Not at least to me. You are still the one I met long long ago. Slim...pretty...always smiling... caring... loving...tender & petite! Someone who always smelt so refreshing. Someone I knew was the best and truely unmatched. You're still the one & you're still the same. You will always be so.
But you know what?
I don't have a gift for you today.
Not that because I am broke :(...
not that I couldn't find the exact pair of stilletoes you wanted...
not that I couldn't find your favourite blue chiffon saree...
but because I haven't been doing so for the last ten years....I still have the card which I gave you on this very day ten years back. You saw the card, but didn't read it though. I don't blame you. There's no reason for me to be angry . I knew it. But you sure liked what you saw...right? So that card still remains inside my closet... I had a look today early in the morning.... smiled at myself... wished you and the card back went to its secure zone again, only to be opened this very day the next year.
Just would like to tell you that I love you lots and you'll be mine forever & for always. And I know you will be by my side in my darkest hours... you will be my strength... you pacify me when I am tired and you'll be there to remind me always that this is not the end of the road...
And..... No! I don't miss you at all.
For me you still exist. Your presence is in me. Its you who made me what I am today.

Happy 54th Birthday Maa!

1 comment:

  1. This one's really touchy,dear. I liked it the best. So hows everything? Keep in touch...

    ReplyDelete