Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Bald headed dolls & assortment of misadventures!

My monkey-ing around just didn’t end in mixing sugar with the chilly pickle! One incident I vividly recall is - I would be left enthralled every time the pressure cooker would go buzz! The steamy fog that swirled along would leave me perplexed. Perhaps one of my fetishes at that time was to try catching the vapour as the whistle blew off the pressure cooker. And so it happened one fine day, that having heard enough of my rants and agonies, Aita lifted me up and said she’ll let me touch the pressure cooker! I was so very happy for a fraction of a second. I felt my prayers were finally answered! It’s only after Aita kept her word and made me touch the wretched pressure cooker that I learnt the first practical lesson of my life – “EVERYTHING THAT GLITTERS IS NOT GOLD”!

It took me three hours on average to finish off my lunch everyday. I would sit for lunch at twelve noon sharp and would be still there biting my food for the next three hours! How bad an eater I was…and even now after all these years I still am! So Aita, Maa or whoever would come to the kitchen to make the afternoon tea would still find me nibbling my food!

Fish is one stuff that has been in my “Things I don’t like” list ever since I can recall. I ate fish either because it had been accompanied by spanks, reprimand, force… and what not!
I finally found an answer to this one day when Bulee (our cat) was purring near me. I bent down and dropped a few morsel of my food and the smart cat gladly ate it. So this did it. From then on, if I was served fish I’d take it without any ranting! And it became routine for Bulee too. She now knew my timings and like an obedient disciple would come under my chair the moment I sat down to eat! This adventure of mine continued for quite sometime. But Maa was not convinced that I took to eating fish. Soon my tactics were unveiled and from that day onwards I wasn’t served fish no matter what! And Bulee too was not very happy to eat the pain “dal & rice” minus the large chunk of fish!
Like fish, the glass of milk has trickled through the kitchen sink and then streaming through the drain instead of going down my esophagus! And even this mischief of mine was exposed one day much to my disappointment. Dity was in the backyard and I don’t know for what reasons. As usual it was my “milk time” and I was in the dining hall alone with the glass of miserable milk staring at me. And straight I went towards the sink and with one skilled maneuver the glass was emptied. I opened the tap to wash away any blob of milk remaining in the sink. Little did I realize that Dity would be just across in the backyard and I was caught red handed of my naughtiness!
So it was flavoured milk that soon followed – be it Bournvita, Chocolate powder, Coffee… but nothing could make me gulp milk….
Finally it was decided that I should not be forced to eat fish and drink milk.
But my folks were staggered out of their wits when they realized that I loved fish bakes and pies, fish fingers (& yea…the tarter sauce!)… And I also loved gorging on “doi and payox”!
So fish in the shape of fish and milk in the form of milk was not appetizing as it was when otherwise.
I had an array of dolls. I loved mothering them. My dolls were my punching bags if truth be told. I used to scold, spank, cuddle, bathe, force them eat fish and gulp milk like the way Maa did to me everyday!

One amazing thing about my dolls was they were all bald! Little did I know that unlike us their tresses would not grow long! I tried different hair styles on my dolls. I went on chopping off their locks and remotely they all looked repulsive after the magic make over I always did!

Nevertheless they were all mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment