Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 25, 2015

RANTS – Because I have to get it out of my system Chapter – III


I like to plan everything well in advance. Especially if it means I am travelling. It all started from a casual conversation and it got serious and saw the living day lights.
Both of us are music lovers. Both of us wanted to meet and see each other at least for once… it was one long overdue.
I wanted to go to Dharamsala; do Vipassana in His Holiness The Dalai Lama’s Monastery. He said he was game for it too. But man proposes and God disposes. One thing led to the other and it all narrowed down to Ziro… the Ziro Festival of Music (ZFM).
Planning began much earlier. It was the hot and humid month of July. We were in-sync.
In the mean time I did a bit of networking and called up people who had been to the ZFM earlier and if not the Fest, they were hard core travelers like me who knew the terrain well as well as what the scene would be like.
I had been to Ziro earlier but that was all related to work and I never paid attention then… all I wanted to achieve was my shampoos, sun-screens, body lotions and lip and nail colours get off the godown shelf before they hit the best before/expiry date. That would save my ass and my targets would have been complete. But yes Ziro was a beautiful place. This is all I could recall about Ziro.
By the first week of September we were all set. My networking backfired because the people I relied on were all trippy guys who talked more and did less. Not that I blame them. It’s all okay!
And in the meantime the three months I had in my hands I wanted to tone down myself. I had not seriously worked out for a while now. It’s bad…. Laziness just got the upper hand. I was de-motivated to “yoga” alone and my uphill walks almost came to a halt thanks to the incessant monsoons.
To make things look good one day I sent Monk a text, “I have put on so much of weight and I hate myself’
“I like it a little curvy”, he replied.
I rushed to have a good look of myself in the mirror… I was not happy. I opened my photo albums in Facebook and looked at the pictures we took the first time we had met… it was somewhere around Oct 2010. I looked fatter and uglier than what I looked now. So that was satisfying. At least for my senses if nothing else.Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Detector

No comments:

Post a Comment