Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 07, 2015

FOR THE LOVE OF CHEESE

For the love of cheese... its one comfort food I can have and not count the cals.
This reminds me of my first boyfriend smile emoticon
That was so long ago. I was 16 and he was 27! Our relationship which lasted for three years was more like a father-daughter... I was jumpy and babyish and he was the calm thoughtful and sensible one. At times I'd fret and fume when I compared my relationship with the ones my friends had... they would go out on bikes to Shillong... attend wild parties.... but Mr. Leo was a no bike no party person. He was more into cars. He did take me out on long drives but that was far and in-between. My friends on the other hand always told me I was luckier because I always got the chance to go on drives in different cars!!!

He was affectionate and he shortened my name to Naan... and from Naan to Butter Naan... and finally I was Butter!!! I used to hate it and make grumpy faces.... 
"I love cheese", I told him once.
"I can't call you cheesy Naan... it gives altogether a different meaning", he replied without smiling.
We broke up when he started double timing me.
I was in tears.
The day his marriage got fixed he reached out to me. This was five years after we broke up.
"I am settling down", he said.
"So?", I asked him. I had moved on in life and meeting him again opened my wounds.
"Do not ever try to talk to me. Ignore me forever", he said.
I wanted to slap him. But because I truly loved him and because he was older than me I changed my mind.
"What do you think? I have a lot self respect and I would not like to play with it. You have shattered me", I said.
"What do you mean by shattered? Did I make you pregnant? For that matter we never got physical, to begin with in the first place", he said.
"Go", is all I told him.
"What?", he asked.
"Get lost", I said and I could feel tears filling up my eyes.

Its a different story that I got married to a family where he is a family friend.

Once he tried breaking the ice.... told me, "At least you can smile if nothing else", he almost pleaded.
I smiled and said "But I am not cheesy. And you asked me to ignore you about ten years ago. This much I can do for you right?"


   Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Detector

No comments:

Post a Comment