Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 07, 2006

The worst weekend that I ever had!

Work wasn’t too hectic, so surfed the whole day either reading blogs or looking for Egyptian mythologies. Having spent my time leisurely in office which I hardly get to do, we (me & two of my juniors) went window shopping to this newly opened mall. There were road shows, print ads., hoarding – all that and much more to make us decide to go and have a dekho what the mall had to offer.

Except for the cool air conditioned comfort there wasn’t anything else! The hand bags on the shelves were a replica of what I’d get in the road side stalls of Fancy Bazaar. The collections of shoes were limited. Then came the garments section – nothing in particular that would make me shell out a few bucks out of my pockets. Seemed the entire Sarojini collection was being shifted to this mall!

Having browsed thorough we came out of the mall and I treated the girls choco-vanilla ice creams from the Kwality Ice Cream Vendor.

We crossed Barista and I instantly knew one of these days this outlet must be tried… and then compare with its rival Café Coffee Day. Believe me folks! Café Coffee Day has never been a good experience with me! Either they don’t have the edibles I order or they serve forty five minutes late or simply they are running short in the supply of milk or better the music is so damn loud that you cannot have a peaceful time.

I reached home by 6.30 p.m. and got ready for my swimming session. Swimming for me is meditation. The one hour I am in the water I forget everything. I detach myself form the worries, tensions, apprehensions, anxieties. I just have one thing in mind – to reach my target – I set targets everyday – Saturday was set for one kilometer and I swam 842 mts! Not bad though I knew 158 mts remained!

Nothing was planned for the evening. Nirav’s friend Jyoti had come down to Guwahati for some business meeting. So we decided to visit him. We reached his hotel and then we decided to go to a restaurant for some drinks and dinner.

Everything seemed picture perfect till then.

The problem cropped when I saw this other guy piling on with us three i.e. the colleague of Jyoti’s.

We went to a restaurant nearby and decided to sit in the open, A.C’s can get suffocating especially with people smoking and a poor ventilation. The guys ordered their drinks. I didn’t want any, but thought of sipping a chilled Fosters (… guess I had swam good today…so why not indulge?)….

The pile – on tried had impress to us. He began by this by boasting that he & Debojit (excuse me……. Debojit…… who?) were bum chums. He even called up someone – and then informed us that Debojit was currently in the U.S. of A doing shows.

As we three (Nirav, Jyoti & me) were immersed in our own talks, though the corner of my eye I could see this bastard speaking in a very low tone to someone over phone. I know eaves dropping is real baaaaaaaaaaaaaad! But then there is something called womanly instincts & shamelessly I was paying a closer attention to what he was narrating over phone. And I was horrified when I realized that my sixth sense was so damn right!
That motherfucker was discussing about me…..“………….. she is wearing a sleeveless top & jeans………………….. works in a tea company……………. Beer… beer…” and then looks at me and asks me loudly “Aapka beer finish ho gaya?”……….. “smoking……………”
Well... I knew I had to put the brakes and I did it so.
I cut him short by asking him “Excuse me… Hello!.. are you discussing about me?”… the guy was silent for a moment and denied.
I didn’t buy that as an answer and asked him “how does it bother him if I smoke … I drink… I wear jeans? If my husband is comfortable with me then who the hell is he? If he had a problem with my habits he should have told me right in the very beginning? And how would he fee if someone discussed about his wife like this?”… By that time this bastard was absolutely red on his face and he told to whomever he was talking that he will call back later.
He apologized me said “ I am sorry BABHI”…
Babhi?
Balls to guys like him!
For such chauvinist a woman is just a mere object to satisfy their own thirsts.
Nirav & Jyoti at first couldn’t decipher what was going on and when I set the accounts straight, this guy was so embarrassed that he didn’t know how to face Nirav!

Well I don’t know how many guys can I shut up but why do guys have a problem?

Why do they have such double standards?

Gosh!

3 comments:

  1. What a creep! But why should it be your worst weekend? You should be glad you could put the bloody bugger in his place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess u r right Anumita but that asshole made me quite angry... but I was happy at the same time that I could single handedly take care of the entire situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee,hee! What a bastard. Why didn't your friend Jyoti or Nirav disown him then and there and chased him away? Firstly he's PILING on and then he's commenting on your dressing, drinking and smoking. I wud hv asked for a chilled glass of water and poured it right over his head if I were U...

    ReplyDelete