Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 07, 2006

Not a nightmare

Some dreams are so real it seems scary. Scary because I relate to it.
I see dead people in my dreams. I see them always. Sometimes I am with them and sometimes I am watching them from a distance.
The scariest of them was when I came home the day Poison passed away.
Tales of Poison is again a different story. But for now let me begin where Poison’s life ends.
Poison’s death was unexpected and I was utterly shocked. The whole world froze. My reaction was nothing. I could not express anything. I went to pay my last respects. I was accompanied with a few friends.
Suddenly I was tired. I felt alone all of a sudden. The whole world seemed hostile. I felt there was no one left to call “family. Nevertheless! What’s done cannot be undone.
I stayed there till the body was carried away for the last rites and cremation. I don’t recall who dropped me home or whether I drove home myself. But I found myself in the confines of my room. The next moment I was sound asleep.
It was then something bizarre happened. An experience my feelings says is close to the para-normal.
I was asleep but I felt something dragging me forcefully, it was for real. When I tried to free myself from its clutches I felt as if a very heavy load was placed on me. It was so heavy I could not breathe. I felt chocked and I woke up I was covered with sweat, though it was the month of October and it was marginally cold around that time of the year. I felt so gagged that I couldn’t even speak. I tried to speak but seemed I had lost my voice somewhere.
The cell phone was near me and I gave a missed call to Nirav who was upstairs with Janti & Pranti (our bedroom is more of a cellar).
After giving three missed calls Nirav came down. He was surprised to see me.The colors drained from my face and I was in a state of shock.
At first the guys thought I was upto a prank and hence was giving missed calls. But repeated missed calls for three times told them things were otherwise.
Nirav helped me walk upstairs and when I narrated the incident the guys took it lightly. They said it was because of the emotional turmoil I was going through.

I don’t know.

I don’t have an answer to this. It’s only an assumption and surely does not leave me with a good feeling.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, don't worry. Things happen that way when someone who u r too attached to,passes away or even when u r very emotionally upset. Btw, who's Poison? Is it that neighbour's dog who used to come around to your place for food??? Just remember, whenever u see 'the dead' in your dreams and if they call u to come with them, DO NOT GO. I have gone thru a whole series of this some years back. I believe there was something wrong with that house I lived earlier. But the nightmares vanished aftr I stopped being scared...Take care & do not stress yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anumita I know this is spookey but this happens to me so very often!
    Priyanka, I never go but they ask me to tag along with them always!

    I'll continue my spookey tales in my next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naan, where are you girl? Long time... Hope everything's ok at yor end?!

    ReplyDelete