Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Deepest Fear That's Getting Old!

Finally I realized what it takes to be in an MNC!
Well I was just a usual professional in a Tea Company. I knew my job so well that it was kinda monotony. The adrenaline failed to give me the rush and I guess I was getting to comfy with my space and my ass being glued to my seat!
One thing led to other and one fine day I find myself being called for an interview in one of the world's biggest MNCs! Whhhoaaaa! Sounds too good to be true right? But then it took three rounds of interviews - both personal and telephonic to get me thru! That was quite an ordeal... not that I depised it... but it surely was nerve wrecking!
The biggest fear - stage fright! I dread the very thought of standing up and speaking to an audience.... but the fright waned bit by bit when I was teaching business communication & English in an MBA school .... then came the time when I was asked by the Dean & also the Directors of the Institute to anchor their seminars and orientation programmes...
Somehow I completely forgot about my deepest fear "STAGE FRIGHT"!
And now when I will be working day in and day out in this new company I shall be doing rounds and rounds of talking to an audience and making presentations! And the FEAR is not about giving presentations in front of a large audience here.. but its something else - I cannot let UB down! UB- don't know how he "hand picked" me to join his team and work.. so I cannot let UB down! And to make sure I don't let him down I will give all that it takes to be deligent in my new job.
So what goes around comes around! This might not make sense here but then again - I shall be doing something which would make me have complete blackouts as a kid!
And the best part is I shall get to travel a lot... travelling - now that's like a paid holiday throughout my working hours!.... and well the icing on the cake - well I'll get to use some of the most reknown products for my hair... skin.... and also fragrances!
Now that things are stream-lining ... I guess I should get back to my blogging again!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a great news dear. Which MNC have you joinned? Is it in Guwahati? Congratulations! It calls for a grand treat now. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete