Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Bye Bye Orkut!

Orkut is addictive. So much that my regular e-mails to friends took a back seat. Messengers - be it yahoo or others seemed insignificant. The first time I logged in Orkut I had no idea what was it and what to do and what not to do. I was sent an orkut invitation by a friend of mine Pooja, more specifically my sis-in-law. I did accept her invitaion, duly registered myself but didn't have the energy to search for friends because all my friends were within my reach - be in my school buddies or friends gathered in all the professional years ... they were maybe just a phone call and sms away.
That was a year and half ago.
And soon it happened that if you are not in orkut or if you are not orkutting then people looked at you as some kind of out dated and worn out pice of furniture. And I wasn't too happy to have this kind of image. So I too started logging in Orkut regularly and gradually I discovered the joys of finding familiar faces from possibly all corners of this universe!
Some of them were so long lost fellas that I was prompted to write testimonials on then at the very instant. And when a few old friends wrote testimonials on me I felt like a princess!
There are two sides to every coin, if there is darkness there has to be light and if there is God then there has to be a devil somewhere. And so were the hazards in Orkut.
Being a private person and not to comfortable letting my feelings out too soon to unknown people, I felt jumpy and jittery when I knew there were thousand and one souls visiting each others profile, reading scarps at random and gaping and gawking at personal albums. And it was more annoying to recieve scraps from people you don't even know!
But at the same time I did meet a few genuine people - one or two maybe with whom I shared my daily chronicle of activities and vice versa....
Then one fine day I decided to do the unimaginable...
I logged in, read the scraps posted in my scrap book, read the testimonials for the one last time .. & VOILA! I pressed the "Delete Profile" button!
Friends am sure will miss me ... but let me be out of Orkut for a while... miss my 700 odd scraps... and get addictied to something newer...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Impressive! I'm still in that 'addictive phase'. Wonder when I'll be saying 'Bye bye Orkut' myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,
    its nice to see that,you have broken the matrix of Orkut.Recently, i have also deleted my orkut account ,just to find other new spheres of web -world.

    ReplyDelete