Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rock On truely ROCKED!

I wanted to blog this yesterday right after I reached home from the movie hall but the net was not accessible ... so here I am...

It was a friday I was eagerly looking forward to. Rock On hit the screens and I scanned the newspaper's movie section. Going to Cinema Max didn't seem much feasible, so I made up my mind to settle for Anuradha. Nirav called me in the afternoon to ask where to book the tickets. Anuradha I said and then without any puntuation I said ' I can wait till sunday 5.00 p.m show. But I knew I couldn't wait that long... So what the heck! I decided to watch the movie today itself ; the 8.00 p.m show. And alone... Somebody has got to babysit Neeyor ... Though I have a nanny for her... Yet its a big gamble to think both me & Nirav away for three hours away from her...

I was lucky enough to have Amit as a company ... So we were in Anuradha right on dot. Now about the movie...
Farhan's directorial debut Dil Chahta Hai became a cult film and his first film as an actor is no different. Its a movie which any music lover will thoroughly enjoy. Jhankar Beats was another musical but the genre of Rock On is different. The guys look so convincing as wannabe rock musicians ... When Farhan sings he truely looks like a vocalist of a band; Purab is comfortable with his drum sticks; don't have to doubt about Luke Kenny's ability on the keyboard & Arjun Rampal ... Man he looked more like a guitarist than an actor...
The movie is also about bonding & friendship ... The best part is the time when they actually get to perform in a big concert... The guys look mellowed... There is a maturity in their attitude and when they take the stage... Man... They truely ROCKED!!! ROCKED!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment